Legal Counsel – Maternity Contract -SAP Citywest
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably
Purpose and Objectives
This role provides a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a dynamic SAP Global Field Legal Team.
The position is to provide cover for a 9 month maternity leave. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin, Ireland and will report to the EMEA Associate General Counsel, based in Paris, France.
Expectations and Tasks
• Provide strong contracting and legal support to SAP’s OEM, PMC, BPO and Payment Services lines of business throughout the EMEA region, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts;
• Work closely with revenue recognition, finance, pricing and product specialist teams to ensure that the contracts comply with company’s policies and approved commercial terms;
• Providing legal advice and support to the directors of SAP’s legal entities in Ireland and taking responsibility for company secretarial and corporate compliance matters relevant to these entities;
• Provide general legal advice and support to other functions e.g. finance, IT, procurement etc. on an as needed basis;
• Act as the first point of contact for compliance matters in Ireland and provide guidance on local practices, policies and other compliance issues such as side letters, confidentiality, anti-competitive practises, secondary work etc. As local compliance officer, the successful candidate will work closely with SAP’s Legal Compliance and Integrity Office;
• Working effectively in a virtual environment with the rest of the EMEA and Global Field Legal team;
• Advising on and drafting / updating company policies as required;
• Liaising with and managing external legal advisers where appropriate, but providing as much support in-house as possible.
• The candidate should have an excellent academic background with a Law Degree from a reputable university / institution;
• He / she should be a qualified solicitor with at least 3 years’ post-qualification experience in a top tier law firm;
• The candidate would ideally have exposure to IT/Software Industry/Cloud industry, have experience in negotiating commercial contracts and software licenses, as well as in relation to data protection and general corporate law matters;
• The candidate must have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be able to convey complex legal issues and concepts in lay terms to all relevant stakeholders;
• Ability to work autonomously to draft and close commercial agreements (software license, cloud services and other commercial contracts) independently and efficiently;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with the business team and with senior management team;
• High level of energy; dynamic; go-getter; multi-task and prioritize work, creative, proactive, accountable, responsible attitude, results-oriented thinker;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.