Desktop Support Engineer III
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Cork, Ireland (a leading Food Manufacturer). This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week between 9am and 5.15pm, to start ASAP. The role is paying up to $30,000 per annum, pro rata.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software and hardware break fix including IMAC services, networks and peripherals using available technology.
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
- Take responsibility for stock used and follow the correct procedures regarding stock management.
- New hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations.
- Deployment of updates/roll-outs
- 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers and databases.
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's
- Acknowledge and respond to emails from Team Leads and Manager
- Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
- Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
- Assisting with projects as they arise
- Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times and provides user support.
- Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
- Manage Loan Pool laptops
- Comply with Asset Management policies
- PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
- Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
- Mobile connectivity (E.g. secureID/MAS/
- Good knowledge of Workstation, Desktops & Laptops
- Accepts and handles responsibility.
- Cooperates with supervisors.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Solves personal and professional problems.
- Excellent Communication and People skills.
- Must be able to deal productively with a high workload.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- A flexible approach and work alongside the various operational teams.
- Pro-Active approach to work
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP's).