Communications and Events Executive
Reporting to the Communications Lead for SAP Ireland, this exciting new role will have two main goals
• Primarily, to support day-to-day communications and events (internal communications, newsletter development, social media, digital signage and event management logistics and planning)
• Secondly, to facilitate administration tasks including financial management and operational processes to support the effective and efficient delivery of communications and events in SAP Ireland.
• Communications support for SAP Ireland – including preparation of written materials including creative e-invites, announcements, presentations, surveys, development of marketing/promotional collateral etc.
• Create and manage content for internal channels (eg newsletter, corporate portal) and external channels (presentations, social media etc).
• Cascade of communication through written, electronic, video and face-to-face communication channels, working under tight deadlines.
• Calendar and mailbox monitoring, filtering and responding.
• Management and maintenance of Digital Signage.
• Support end-to-end planning, scheduling and management of logistics for events such as All-Hands, Executive visits, etc.
• Contributing creative ideas / concepts for events.
• Management of communications and event calendar.
• End to end management of Purchase Orders.
• Engaging with procurement to set up new vendors.
• Budget tracking.
• Day-to-day administration and operations related tasks
Education and Qualifications / Skills And Competencies
• Degree in Marketing / Communications / Events / Public Relations
• Minimum of 4 years demonstrated successful work experience in a similar fast-paced, matrixed / complex environment.
• Strong social media skills – able to plan and execute then measure a social media campaign
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate well with people at all levels of an organization.
• Fluent in English
• Strong organisational skills and event management experience essential; excellent time management, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
• Strong writing, editorial, communications skills. Excellent proof-reading skills with outstanding attention to detail.
• High energy, confident individual who communicates with passion and authority.
• Ability to multi-task, make and suggest decisions, managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Strong technical skills in particular with Microsoft Office suite.
• Someone who has also worked within a corporate environment, ideally within the communications, public relations or marketing team.
• It would be beneficial if you have had experience in running a social programme end-to-end. This would have included researching and drafting the social content, managing the social calendar, though to measurement and analysis.
• Experience in communications and public relations is desirable.