Localisation Software Test Engineer - SAP, Dublin 24
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Ariba makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce. Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
The Localisation Engineering Department is an engineering team responsible for providing high quality language product on time across SAP Ariba Cloud Solutions. The Localisation Engineering Department is based in Dublin, Ireland in the next generation AppHaus. The AppHaus is a unique physical space for software development, and it is a living embodiment of the philosophy of Design Thinking.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Due to SAP Ariba’s continued growth the Localisation Engineering Department currently has an opportunity for a Localisation Software QA Engineer role based in Dublin, Ireland. Reporting to the Localisation Manager you will have full project responsibilities for ensuring language quality of SAP Ariba Cloud products in 24 languages for our global customers.
- Engagement with product development teams for knowledge transfer on new features and innovation
- Creation and maintenance of automated test cases/scripts using Selenium and Java
- Execution of automated test scripts on multiple target releases and platforms.
- Design and development of localisation test automation tools that will be used to automate the localisation process
- Advocate of best practices for internationalisation and localisation
- Identification and reporting of internationalisation and localisation defects and management of the defect tracking process on assigned projects
- Assisting project scoping with other members of Globalisation team
- Support of localisation vendors throughout the project
- Supporting Customer Support on customer issues
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BSc. in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Experience using test automation tools including Selenium and JUnit testing
- Experience developing in Java, C/C++, SQL, HTML, XML.
- Experience with Internationalisation/Localisation Engineering
- Experience with agile development process.
- Mature, confident team player motivated by a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to incorporate ideas from all sources.
- Creative and detail-oriented.
Please note, this is an initial 6 month contract with intentions to extent for right candidate.