- Under the direction of the Site EHS lead, serve as site EHS representative during mechanical completion, commissioning and qualification activities - part of the project walk-down and start-up team for assigned systems.
- Ensure that installation is in conformance with PHA recommendations, design intent, local and national regulations and internal company standards.
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, PPE, signage and training are complete and available for performing the necessary tasks during the specific start-up phase.
- Serve as primary EHS reviewer for Pre-Start-up Safety and Environmental checklists completed during project start-up activities.
- Under the direction of the Site EHS lead, develop procedures to support the implementation of EHS programs on site in accordance with local and national regulations and internal company standards.
- Serve as a role model and leader in demonstrating and implementing a healthy and strong EHS culture across the entire site.
Educational Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related Safety or Environmental field of study
Required Experience and Skills
- 4+ years of EHS, Engineering, or Operational experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical, petrochemical or process related industry.
- Drive to engage others and have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Be able to maintain focus on the key project goals and priorities, but also be able to dive into the detail to facilitate problem resolution and ensure project success
- Knowledge and experience working with EHS regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence both horizontally and vertically