Assistant Project Manager
*PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A LONG TERM TEMPORARY CONTRACT WITH MANPOWER, BASED IN THE CITY CENTRE (NO PARKING)
Our client is looking for an assistant project manager to ensure delivery of the current project for the life cycle of the Contract in accordance with the overall Project schedule.
The successful person will join a small, multi-disciplined team responsible for the management of these large engineering contracts. Working closely with the commercial specialists, technical staff, other contract managers and the engineering suppliers, they will be expected to establish a strong network of contacts within the Project to manage a specific area of the engineering contract scope.
This role requires high levels of organisational and communication skills along with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- The highest standards of focus on nuclear professionalism
- Ideally, knowledge of working in and environment consisting of Project Management or Project Engineering on large or complex engineering or construction projects
- Compliance with health, safety, environment and other statutory requirements relevant to this role
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of the organisation and externally
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to manage diverse groups of stakeholders and reach convergence when faced with initially divergent stakeholder positions
- Budget and commercial awareness
- Degree or equivalent (in relevant technical or business subject)
- Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the Project strategies within the delivery of the contract
- Drive the delivery of the contract and associated activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements
- Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with associated reports
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contract. Understand certain parts of RD Contract Scope and identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget and escalate any issues
- Management and progress monitoring of NNB's acceptance of RD deliverables and activities
- Managing the interface with the RD (EDVANCE and EDF SA) contract management team and HPC engineers and leads
- Identifying and coordinating the involvement of multiple stakeholders, including project management, document management and technical teams
- Regular reporting of progress and issues (KPI)