4 days left
Our Client was established in Ireland in 2020 to offer a range of Certification & Auditing services to many European and International standards, with a focus on PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment), Marine Equipment and Construction Products. Our Client is the leading independent organisation for the testing of Personal Protective Equipment and Construction Products.
They are establishing a laboratory in Dublin to test to the EU Construction Products Regulations. The laboratory will carry out physical testing and fire testing in a custom designed and newly equipped laboratory operating to European and International standards.
Laboratory Technician - Reporting to the Section Leader
* Preparing test specimens in terms of cutting, bonding, etc.
* Conducting tests and completing laboratory record sheets.
* Recording physical measurements such as thickness and weight.
* Compiling and signing test reports
* Knowledge of textiles (desirable)
* Laboratory testing and experience of instrumentation equipment (desirable)
* Experience of ISO 17025/UKAS/INAB Laboratory
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone and in a team
* High level of computer literacy and attention to detail
* Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise own work, with limited supervision
The successful candidate must be prepared to work in a challenging environment and recognise that coveralls and steel toe capped shoes are required in this laboratory rather than a white coat.
The successful candidate will need to be prepared to adopt a hands on approach and ensure that work is progressed quickly whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality for a safety critical industry.
Full training will be provided in Leeds and Manchester, this will involve an intensive four week stay in the UK. Travel to and from Ireland will be provided. The successful candidate will be supported by the UK teams.
Apply for Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly