Procurement Assistant FMCG
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Procurement Assistant, based at their Port Sunlight, Wirral site. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 37.5 hour week, paying between £33,348 - £41,686 per annum.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO COMMENCE THE ROLE WITH 2 WEEKS NOTICE MAX.
The Global Procurement Assistant, Fine Chemicals will report to the Global Procurement Manager Fine Chemicals and will have specific responsibility for supporting the overall aligned deployment of Fine Chemical materials as follows:
- Specific delegated responsibility for management of critical tasks required for the procurement of a group of materials within Fine Chemicals. This will require thorough knowledge of the global supply base, supplying to multi-Category UL sourcing units in more than 40 countries.
- Supporting Strategy development for selected materials within the portfolio, including: profiling of supply markets; in-depth analysis of Market Intelligence; understanding internal needs.
- Supporting the team to achieve its goals and objectives and monitoring target delivery (commercial analyst function including reporting and analysis on VIP savings, cash generation, Price-to-Price movement, complexity reduction, compliance, resilience and forecasting).
- Supporting the Global Procurement Manager with preparation of RFQs and their analysis, participating in and conducting negotiations if appropriate.
- Implementation of global agreements: creation and updating contracts in iCAT and ensuring agreements (UPAs) and contracts (UPCs/CTCs) are returned signed from suppliers.
- Ensuring continued USQS compliance for full portfolio supply base.
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with price forecasting and forecast variance analysis.
- Coordinating procurement projects as needed.
- Managing supply chain issues (e.g. incident management).
- Identifying metrics, tools and processes to optimise ways of working.
- Business partnering - represent the procurement function when interacting with the other functional areas (e.g. R&D, Logistics, Procurement Operations, Markets).
- Building relationships with suppliers & internal customers/stakeholders where required.
- Measuring and managing overall performance of suppliers.
Key Skills/ Experience:
- Procurement and contract experience
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- SAP experience
- Good understanding of business economics.
- Negotiation skills.
- Proven record in problem solving.
- Project management experience.