IT Support Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION - DT Support Analyst
Purpose of Position:
To provide first and second line support to end user services (helpdesk, PCs, Laptops, Printers), and to provide backup for the Digital Technology (DT) Delivery Manager supporting, maintaining and developing the Company's DT systems.
Digital Technology Delivery Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide hardware and software PC support.
* Log all support issues in the DT Support helpdesk Desk system, take ownership of support issues and drive to closure.
* Provide clear, concise reports on status of all calls to Helpdesk Manager
* Set up new users in Active Directory, Change user permissions, Change passwords etc.
* Patch PCs on a monthly basis.
* Identify purchase needs and submit requests as authorized.
* Provide backup cover for the DT Delivery Manager
* Maintain and audit the company's software licence compliance.
* Provide database administration.
* Provide end user support of ERP system (Jobscope)
* Identify and generate proposals for improving systems methods and tasks
* Backup system monitoring and maintenance
* Liaise with 3rd Party Vendor support on Hardware and Software Issues where relevant.
* Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned by your reporting manager
Attributes, Qualifications & Experience Required for Position:
* A minimum of 2 years' experience supporting Microsoft based end user products (Windows, Office, SharePoint etc.)
* Diploma/Degree in Computer Systems
* Excellent knowledge of Information Systems & Microsoft products
* Good working knowledge of PowerShell
* Good working knowledge of database systems & networks
* MS Access and SQL experience an advantage but not essential.
* Crystal report writing experience an advantage but not essential.
* Experience of CommVault an advantage but not essential.
* Experience of PDQ Deploy an advantage but not essential.
* Experience of Ivanti patch/WSUS an advantage but not essential.
* Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills (both oral and written communication)
* Ability to convey technical information in a non-technical manner to end users.
* Ability to problem solve, see issues through to their resolution and work to prevent reoccurrence.
* Commitment, drive and proactive in approach with proven ability to work independently, as well as part of a small team, to multitask and to prioritise work.
* Willingness to self-learn new concepts and technologies and research solutions to technical problems