Senior Customs Clearance Clerk
Your new company has groupage and full load freight at its core. With 5 offices across Ireland and UK they are a big player in freight forwarding. they have recently created a customs department to go along with Brexit and are looking for customs clearance clerks to join their team.
The Customs Clearance clerks will the customs team. The Customs Clearance clerk will be responsible for assisting with the day to day operations within our Customs Clearance department. The Customs Clearance clerks will proactively assist with the booking and processing of consignments, liaising with customers and suppliers to foster and build relationships, Customs clearance of shipments, invoicing, and other associated administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Import and export customs entries
· Customs tariffs/valuations
· Updating ACP
· Creating and discharging T1 Documents
· Ensure compliance with company procedures and Revenue
· General Administration
· Previous experience in customs clearances
· Accuracy and attention to detail is crucial
· Excellent organisation skills
· Need to be able to work on own initiative
· The successful candidate will be highly customer service oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Good level of computer literacy/skills
· Ideally, the successful candidate will have some previous experience in the shipping industry.