Line Leader - Manufacturing
Our client is a leading electronic manufacturing solutions provider in Dublin. The business itself employs over 180,000 plus people across 100 varying sites around the world.
They're now looking for an experienced Line Leader to join their team on a new project, due to expansion in the wider business. As the Line Leader you will manage and motivate a team of production operatives. Driving productivity, moral and quality of assembly and disassembly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all line safety, quality and productivity objectives, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist the site manager in managing the line whenever necessary.
- Ensure quality inspections in line with check list and guidelines provided.
- Issue material to the line and maintains clean and organised work area.
- Develop and motivate operators in their roles to increase productivity and output.
- To guide and assist the operators in the skills required to do their jobs.
- Monitor hourly production status and report same to management.
- Monitor systems and ensure they are implemented in the production line properly.
- Ensure work meets or exceeds all standards.
- Manage and organise production workflow.
- Ensure all employees understand their daily duties.
- Ensure all employees accurately manage their timekeeping records on TMS for payroll purposes.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Deliver daily shift briefs to the team with a focus on quality and delivery.
- Work on continuous improvement plans in conjunction with cross functional teams.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Ensure work practices are always maintained in line with company policies.
- Leaving certificate or equivalent required at a minimum.
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role is essential.
- Analytical thinker with strong organisational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of lean management systems is essential.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with, and present to cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
For more information on this role or potential other opportunities, contact Gary Morrison on 016455221 or firstname.lastname@example.org .