Customs Clearance Clerk
Irelands leading logistics company is hiring! They are seeking a import/export customs clearance clerk. This is an exciting chance to get in with this leading company and grow your career. Must have extensive experience as there is and opportunity to set up the department from scratch and grow with the role!
Purpose of the role:
* Work alongside senior stakeholders to create a customs process.
* adhere to strict timelines on projects.
* help build a team for customs import /export.
* Manage the process Import and Export Clearances with HMRC and Revenue Ireland.
* Create reports and communicate to internal and external clients of any customs related materials.
* Advise on what documentation is required and classification of good being shipped or any restrictions that they need to be aware of.
Duties Will Include: *
* Allocating the correct licences.
* Liaison with Port officials
* Advise operational colleagues issues with shipments.
* administration duties required by the manager
* Documenting process flows for the department.
* Provide financial reports daily.
Criteria for the Role:
You will have had previous experience in:
* HMRC & Revenue .IE via either CHIEF, NES or inhouse systems desirable but not essential.
* Full understanding of import, export, and customs
* knowledge of customs classification, tariff codes.
* Ideally have experience of CVED's.
* Experience with Microsoft packages.
* Keen eye for detail and compliance