Senior Operational Buyer.
Your new company is a leading company in Engineering and manufacturing. They are looking for a determined individual to join their team of operational buyers. You must have experience managing a high volume key vendors, communicating with stakeholders. This role would be excellent for a senior buyer who is looking to take the next step in their career with endless opportunities to grow.
- The Operational Buyer is responsible for the execution of all Client's day-to-day Procurement activities across the non-manufacturing categories.
- As a member of the Operational Buying Unit within the Regional Hub, they are responsible for executing purchases in line with the relevant Category Strategy through application of the buying rules contained in the Category Handbook.
- Their primary focus will be to deliver ad-hoc, unplanned business-led buying activities to ensure maximum possible value and compliance for Client's.
- To do this they will work with Local Procurement Partners to understand requirements, before executing the relevant sourcing process applying the best available tools and considering such factors as preferred supplier arrangements and existing contracts.
- Understanding end user requirements as received directly or via the Local Procurement Partner Leveraging the applicable Category Handbook, and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the request.
- Execute the purchase via the determined method, applying eSourcing where possible communicating the outcome of any sourcing activity back to the end user for a final decision.
- Ensuring the relevant purchasing documentation is created, including wherever required contracting using agree contract templates and clauses Act as an expert on the application of the eSourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for both the delivery of day-to-day purchasing activity, and in support of Global Category Teams and Project Managers as they execute proactive initiatives.
- In doing so, provide advice, templates, and support to drive maximum value for Client's. Collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the Transactional Procurement team to ensure that the Transactional component of the procurement process is delivered, that handovers between process steps and effective and efficient.
- Responsible for ensuring that Procurement operational targets and KPIs on customer service are delivered including expected metrics such as cycle times, number of customer complaints and number of spot buys (unplanned, business led buys).
- Track and monitor these metrics where required, and escalate issues as they arise. Translate requirements of business requestor to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant Identify appropriate Procurement resource to carry out requested activities.
- Monitor progress of request and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Lead.
- Ensure this is done in alignment with global Process and System teams for operational buying or for all areas in sites where there is no dedicated Site Procurement Partner. Support CSR initiatives relating to candidate suppliers including but not limited to: Supplier diversity, anti-bribery, anti-human trafficking, and treatment of HCP-related suppliers and similar.
Education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- 5+ years experience in operational buying.
- Degree level educated.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations or specifications with best value and customer service in mind Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues.
- Proficiency in basic MS Office software and SAP.
- Competence or fluency in other sub-region languages, as well as English is strongly encouraged.