One of Irelands Largest pork meat processors is looking for a purchasing manager to come in and manage they're very successful team for 12 months. The successful candidate will have a background in purchasing and leading successful teams in a fresh produce industry.
* Maintain and update the stock ordering sheet.
* Ensure that all orders are placed in a timely manner taking into account stock holding & lead times.
* Maintain and update the Stock sheet taking into account the exceptionally long lead times.
* Maintain and update the purchase order pending report to ensure that we have confirmed delivery dates.
* Complete monthly reconciliation of sales and stocks in order to satisfy the BRC Audits and complete the reconciliation. This must be done on a monthly basis.
* Sign off all packaging invoices ensuring that the information on the invoice is correct and confirming that the price charged is correct.
* Manage Co - ordinate warehouses and warehouse staff on both sites.
* Develop, maintain and evolve a costing structure within the business.
* Ordering other ad hoc material and ensuring it is delivered.
* Handle ad hoc responsibilities.
Requirements for Purchasing Manager:
* Procurement manager must have Experience in managing a team
* IT Skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SAP.
* Excellent communication and report writing skills.
* Experience in Fresh Produce industry (not essential)
* Self-disciplined with the ability to work solely and as part of team.
* Excellent attention to detail, the ability to multitask and prioritise.
* The ability to liaise confidently with colleagues at all levels.
* React positively and flexibly to the changing needs in the overall working environment and individual role.
* The ability to make quick decisions
* Must have own transport