A Family Run transport company with long standing experience within transport industry a medium sized fleet that travels between Ireland the UK and Mainland Europe. They are embarking on a exciting project which has led for a vacancy to become available in the n planning team.
- Strategically plan and manage the logistics & transportation.
- Plan & assign loads to drivers (including route & journey time planning) & ensure all drivers are aware of their job.
- Communicate with drivers in a clear manner regarding loading times, off loading etc.
- Develop strong relationships with new customers and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Deal with enquiries and reported problems in a professional manner.
- Comply with all laws and regulations (Customs; Tacho hours).
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- A minimum of 2-3 Years experience in a similar role working.
- experience routing across the UK and mainland Europe.
- Excellent IT skills (excel, Microsoft Office)
- Full understanding of Drivers Hours and Tachograph Regulations
- Strong organizational & problem solving skills
- Customs knowledge beneficial.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative in fast paced environment