Customs Compliance Manager
Customs Compliance Manager Location:
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career with a supporting management team and an excellent package on offer.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervision of Agents completing below works and working alongside team.
* Provide Customs subject matter expertise support and leadership to the UK groupage service teams.
* Practical support in the preparation and submission of more complex declarations.
* Assign resourcing and training in maintaining capability to complete transactions in AIS, AEP, ICS and NCTS as required by services and customers.
* Review Customs transactions in the system and Customs billing reconciliation month.
* Completing and validating Customs compliant documentation.
* Updating internal system regarding Customs related matters (TSF Warehouse).
* Oversee Customs Compliance by maintaining and update a system of control governance.
* Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation.
* Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties.
* Ownership of reconciliation of monthly Duty deferment account.
* Build relationship with Customs platform software providers ensuring operating environment is always the latest version.
* Develop KPI set to measure Customs clearance performance and benchmark against best-inclass peer group. * Creating invoices for month end billing for customers. *
Complete reporting customer & Revenue.
* Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
* Provide completed Customs documentation to Customer.
* Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
* Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis, when/if required.
* Ensure a succession plan within your team that supports personal development and career progression for your team.
Qualifications & Experience: *
Minimum of 3 years in a Freight Forwarding Customs team.
* Supervision or Team Lead experience is an advantage.
* Excellent organisational skills and capable of working at fast pace,
* Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint.
* Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required.
* Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail.
* Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures in tight timelines.
* Customer focused with desire to always strive for excellence.
* Positive 'can do' attitude and highly ambitious approach.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting.
* Exceptional Communication skills