Calibration & Maintenance Technician
Calibration & Maintenance Technician
To cover off all areas of calibration activities in GWWO. To include but not limited to following on site calibration site master plan, Health and safety, CMMS updating,
Calibration is a process that demonstrates a particular instrument or device produces results within specified limits, as compared to those produced by a traceable standard over an appropriate range of measurements.
- Perform various complex duties classified as moderate inclusive of calibration, maintenance and repairs of tools and equipment in line with established SOP's.
- Document calibration process and prepare reports, as required.
- Perform calibration and approve products and accessories that meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Manage repair and calibration of assessment tools and measurement of equipment inclusive of general purpose.
- Administer all calibration methods and procedures.
- Manage workload to achieve production schedules and ensure completion within timeframe.
- Coordinate schedule with production departments for internal customers.
- Prepare all documentation applicable for various assignments
- Monitor and complete all business tasks within timeframe and ensure optimal quality.
- Develop all reports and certificates pertaining to calibration.
- Perform inspection and calibrate all tooling equipment with help of electronic and pressure equipment and ensure accuracy.
- Assist various departments to resolve and repair of equipment which determine precision.
- Gather and document the data records related to calibration.
- Responsible for the supervision of maintenance staff during day to day practises.
- During periods where calibration is not scheduled the candidate will work within the packaging maintenance team performing preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Regular documented meeting with the Maintenance Manager of GWWO to update on the progress of the calibration site master plan.
- Ensure that paperwork is correctly filled out and that all issues reported are logged correctly and relevant work orders are updated on SAP calibration module.
- Be familiar with the relevant SOP's relating to the maintenance department and where applicable develop SOP's related to the calibration activities in GWWO.
- Drive a culture of safe system of work
- Assist the maintenance manager in the planning and implementation of the GWWO maintenance calibration plan for all calibration related tasks. Including liaising with GWWO departments to arrange suitable times for calibration in advance.
- Ensure calibration equipment is calibrated on a required timeframe and that all equipment on the site calibration master plan is calibrated with only equipment accurately able to do so.
Equipment to be calibrated are but not limited to:
- Temperature probes
- Weight scales
- Pressure equipment
- Measuring tools
- Flow rate
Senior trade qualification and at least 7 years post qualification experience.
Computer literate to ECDL with experience of CMMS systems
Ability to understand maintenance related tasks
SAP PM experience (desirable but not essential)
Calibration training or previous experience in calibration within a GMP environment.
The job requires you to work effectively in a team environment. You must have a strong attention to detail, the ability to follow procedures, and superior oral and written communication skills.
You should be a critical thinker who is able to apply innovative solutions to complex problems. The most successful technicians also have an aptitude for math, technical writing ability and advanced knowledge of computer-controlled automatic testing equipment. While much of the job entails sitting, some standing and bending is required along with the unassisted lifting of equipment up to 45 pounds.
Good vision and hand-eye coordination are essential as well.