Bristol (mainly home based)
Salary: £36,525 - £45,045
About the Role
We're looking for a dynamic, ambitious and eager individual to make a real impact by becoming our next Project Controller as part of a major project undertaken by our DST Marine business. The Project Team have an exciting delivery profile for which the successful candidate will be directly supporting. The Project Controller will be assisting our Project Team to deliver a Marine Project and support the on-going business winning under the Maritime Electronic Warfare Programme.
* Continually monitor and evaluate each Work Package of the project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals
* Report to the Senior Project Manager to discuss the progress of each work package with regards to resourcing profiles, schedule changes, project scope adjustments and forecasts/cost to complete
* To develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structures
* To develop and maintain Schedules within Microsoft Project, including identification of Critical Paths & Schedule Risk Analysis
* To lead the Earned Value Management (EVM) Analysis against Work Packages, including internal & sub-work packages
* To develop and maintain Risks, Issues and Opportunities Registers
* To analyse and report data to develop a complete and accurate picture that will inform decisions regarding the management, quality and control of projects
* To support change control by establishing protocols to alter the scope of a project, implementing the protocols when necessary and updating configuration documentation
* Support and where necessary deputise the Senior Project Manager in development of internal & external reporting. Internal reporting consisting of Monthly Contract Review and Quarterly Contract Review
What do I need to do the role?
* Working experience of managing complex Projects via Earned Value Management reporting
* A proven track record in project controls in technical/engineering projects
* Experience in creating and maintaining schedules ideally using MS Project
* Good communications skills with the ability to work successfully within teams and with customers
* Working knowledge of defence industry project delivery practices is desirable
What else do I need to know?
* You should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance
* The role is primarily home based with some limited travel to offices in Bristol and Plymouth
* Flexible working
* Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an interesting business sector
As well as:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, shopping offers and discounts
* Optional employee Share Scheme
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support, advice and counselling
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
This role is within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group, which delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services to defence and civil customers across the globe. These range from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.