Reporting to the VP Global Supply Planning the Purchasing Manager will be responsible for executing operating goals and objectives for the procurement function; developing, recommending and implementing strategies to strengthen supply chain security and transparency with compliance to company policies, and applicable regulatory requirements (i.e. cGMP).
Responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships and supplier network, company purchasing policy, annual contracts, sourcing best practice and continuous improvement within areas of responsibilities.
- Plan, coordinate and administer the operational, financial, administrative and technical functions of the procurement process. Work with business unit partners and corporate leadership in the establishment, communication, and implementation of global business goals and to achieve business targets. Leverage opportunities across divisions, functions and geographies where possible.
- Manage, develop and monitor supplier partner relationships and network to ensure critical supply & service lines are well understood, performing optimally, meet appropriate cost structure and service level, and can support growth plans while minimizing supply chain risks and operational inefficiencies. Identify issues, recommend solutions and implement action plans as needed to resolve challenges.
- Work with Manufacturing and Production Planning functions to devise purchasing plan in support of operational goals and objectives; monitor and track material availability and collaborate with cross-functional teams and affiliates on actions and resolutions to ensure timely implementation.
- Manage material and product transition projects to ensure smooth transitions and minimize transition cost while complying with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Lead sourcing / selection processes in alignment with business unit partners and negotiate contracts up to final authorization including dispute resolution, approving and qualifying vendors as well as authorization of contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop, monitor and report on procurement related performance metrics. Provide management with periodic analyses of performance variances, supply chain risk analyses, and recommend actions for resolution and/or improvement.
- Work with business unit partners on continuous learning and development of procurement / category knowledge and methodologies driving innovation, continuous improvement, and best practices in sourcing and supplier management
- Educate internal stakeholders about process, technology and compliance requirements of the procurement function; monitors and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance with all global and business unit policies, procedure effectiveness and efficiency, and regulations by using data driven business case approach.
- Participate in regulatory and internal inspections/audits including providing written responses as applicable for area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance and hands-on training to direct reports.
- Appraise and monitor performance of department personnel.
- Coach, counsel, address complaints and resolve employee related issues with the collaboration of Human Resources.
- Provide a leadership role ensuring employee health and safety.
- Involved in interviewing/selection process of hiring and promoting department personnel
- Demonstrated working knowledge of sourcing and procurement methodologies and concepts, and P2P process and controls. Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley regulation, cGMPs, EU and U.S. FDA and international industry guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire high performance in others and align matrix teams around shared goals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, ability to exercise good judgment, results oriented and have attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Computer literacy with high proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Science, or closely related discipline is required. CPSM certification and/or CPIM certification preferred. Master's degree in the same fields or closely related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of related procurement experience is required, preferably in a pharmaceutical, GMP, or EU regulated environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial, supervisory, or leadership experience is required. Leadership experience in a related industry is preferred.
- Specific experience with SAP is preferred