Infrastructure and cybersecurity engineer
Infrastructure and Cybersecurity EngineerJob Overview:We are seeking an infrastructure and cybersecurity engineer to join our IT Team. This candidate will work in a team environment on a major transformation and cloud migration project and provide expertise in the areas of on premise and cloud-based networking and infrastructure, cybersecurity and access management.The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and must be a good communicator. He/she will take a structured approach to project delivery and work to clear timelines with the provision of appropriate levels of documentation. There must be a clear understanding of management of IT risk and single points of failure and design and implementation must achieve the required standards without loss of service during the transition.Ideally the candidate would have gone through major transformation and cloud migration in an Azure and Microsoft environment.Main Responsibilities:
- Implementation of cybersecurity tools, processes and metrics to protect networks, clients, servers and data on prem and in the cloud.Systems administration, maintenance, and management of company networks and infrastructure.Design and upgrade of infrastructure components to remediate risks, single points of failure migration to the cloud and achievement of IS027001 standard.Responsible for management of IT monitoring systems and identify the appropriate resolution in the event of an incident.Investigation and Diagnosis - establish failing component, confirm impact, identify any events that may have been a contributing factorWorking with external stakeholders and outsource service providers on the delivery of infrastructure services and solutions.Act as a mentor to other team members, i.e. coaching in the delivery of projects, tasks and/or troubleshooting exercisesProduce high-quality documentation to support workarounds and/or resolutions to assist in knowledge transfer and efficiencies.Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years' professional experience is required.
- Expert knowledge of Unix, Linux, Office 365, and large-scale Windows environments
- Web Server and SQL administration experience (IIS preferred).
- Certifications as well as 3+ years' experience in Microsoft Azure cloud services design, migration, deployment, management, security and audit as well
- Maintaining applications running in data centers and cloud environments
- Strong scripting experience (preferably Powershell, but other scripting languages also considered).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, routing, load-balancing, SMTP
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing Identity and access management systems, in particular Active Directory, group policies, single sign on and multifactor authentication.
- Proven track record and qualifications in the implementation of IT standards preferably ITIL or ISO27001.
- Technologies: Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL ServerCore Programming languages: Power Shell, Azure API,
- Competitive salary.Pension.Life cover benefit.
The candidate must have a valid visa to work in Ireland.