System Administrator - Dropbox
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees.
Our mission in Dropbox is to simplify the way people work together. With a user base of over 500 million, the Customer Experience team simplifies how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on understanding the customer journey as well as where we can simplify interactions and improve the Customer Experience.
The CX Technology team is responsible for building and administering tools that Dropbox uses internally to provide customer support, and that we use externally to help users solve their problems.
As a Support Systems Administrator, you'll be responsible for day-to-day management of our third-party support platforms, collaborating with support, engineering, and analytics teams. These systems include Zendesk, SnapEngage, AWS, among others. You are a hands-on problem-solver whose role is to support internal teammates in the Customer Experience organisation and continuously improve a first class support workflow.
- Manage third-party tools like Zendesk, SnapEngage, AWS, as well as our custom-built tools
- Own maintenance, upgrades, incident response, user and data management and customisation of these platforms as part of the CX Technology team
- Work with cross functional partners, like our Operations and Self-Support teams, to understand their goals and problems, then translate business requirements into technical solutions
- See opportunities and problems in our current workflows and devise and implement creative solutions
- You will write documentation and operational playbooks
- Maintain community and monitoring platforms, including Khoros Care and Catchpoint
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years experience in technical support or IT administration
- Technical acumen and experience configuring software to proactively solve business problems for your team
- Experience administering Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, or a similar large CRM or support ticketing system is a plus
- Experience using scripting (Bash, Applescript, Python etc) to automate workflows is a plus
- You have good communication skills that enable you to interact effectively with both users and cross-functional teams
- You are passionate about technology and you know and love Dropbox software