Manufacturing Engineer Technician
Our client is a leading electronic manufacturing solutions provider in Dublin. The business itself employs over 180,000 plus people across 100 varying sites around the world.
They're now looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Technician to join their team due to expansion in the wider business. You will provide a higher level of support to the Engineering Tech team in process support and machine maintenance to various production lines.
- 22 days annual leave
- Defined pension contribution (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Healthcare package (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Room for progression in an expanding global business
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the optimisation of machine programs to meet and exceed product run-rate.
- Provide training as required in preventive maintenance of surface mount technology equipment.
- Assist in identifying potential machine failures to reduce equipment downtime.
- Liaise with the equipment manufacturer to improve/rectify problems with the equipment.
- Serve as the technical expert for the maintenance and repair of supported machinery.
- Manage external vendors and assist in the completion of tasks where possible.
- Assist in the coordination of line re-configurations.
- Provide training and assistance on specific equipment when required.
- Assist Engineers as requested in achieving optimum process performance.
- Daily and weekly routine reports and correspondence.
- Work with cross-functional teams to successfully complete special projects.
- Adhere to all business safety and health rules and regulations.
- Follow and comply with all company security policies and procedures.
- Third level degree level or equivalent certification in Engineering
- 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment is absolutely essential.
- Knowledge of carrying a Design of Experiment (DOE) is a plus.
- Understanding of Design for Maintainability (DFM), Failure Mode Effective Analysis (FMEA) and Institute of Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits (IPC) is essential.
- Experience of SAP is highly advantageous.
- A proactive approach to maintenance and problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
For more information on this role or potential other opportunities, contact Gary Morrison on 016455221 or firstname.lastname@example.org .