Warehouse and Operations Manager
My client is looking for a warehouse and operations manager to join the team, you would be leading a long standing team of 10 warehouse operatives. The role reports into the managing director and you would be responsible for Goods in, out, inventory and related operations.
The role is an exciting position to get into a well established Irish owned business, they have exciting projects for the operations manager to collaborate on.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient, timely and accurate movement of goods in and dispatches out of the warehouse.
- Management and motivation of Warehouse staff to ensure high performance and an engaged team, - including cross training, holidays schedule & management of time & attendance.
- Coordination and supervision of 3rd party Logistics and Transport with respect to deliveries to customers.
- Stock control for 10,000 items including cycle counts and stock counts.
- Ensure compliance with EH&S & Company policies & procedures including Employment Legislation.
- Ensure that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly.
- Supervise and oversee the merchandising function.
- Modify & leverage IT support systems to optimize functionality and provide accurate reporting for key stakeholders.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders of the business, i.e. Sales reps, telesales team, Office Staff, Procurement, Finance, and third-party logistics.
- Develop warehouse strategies incorporating warehouse capacities, resources, equipment and future expansion needs.
- Develop and implement meaningful warehouse KPIs and report same each day/week at relevant meetings.
- Constantly looking for improvements and projects in the Warehouse to improve quality, service and cost.
- Oversee maintenance of building and on site facilities.
- 3-5 years experience in Warehouse Management experience
- Strong People manager skills.
- Counterbalance and Reach license.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Understanding of warehouse management.
- experience implementing RFID devices desirable.
- Inventory experience.