Cyber Security Engineer
The Engineer will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems. This hands-on role will require Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams both with CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
The Engineer will support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution:
- Manage threat detection and response tools, a key element of defending infrastructure and data from damage, unauthorized access and misuse
- Integrate threat detection and response tools with other security tools and data sources.
- Manage deployment of security tools to enterprise endpoints
- Leverage Agile practices to develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Participate in pilot / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
- Articulate problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution
- Analyze problems and suggests solutions involving business, information technology, methodology, processes, tools and solution components
YOUR ABILITIES & SKILLS
- You will possess experience in the following areas: cloud security and network security. Threat detection and response (Next-Gen Antivirus, Endpoint Detection and Response)
- You will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Ability to identify critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of organization's enterprise information security architecture.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, CrowdStrike, Microsoft, etc.)
- At least 3 years experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (Endpoint Protection, DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, etc)
- Applied direct experience with TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols and network design principles
- Applied direct experience with Operating Systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows)
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with Network Security tools
- 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting security services and data protection
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 3+ years of experience with threat detection and response solutions
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, CrowdStrike, Microsoft, etc.)
- At least 5 years of prior experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. Endpoint Protection, DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Tap technologies, etc)
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience using shell scripting for automating tasks
- Certifications: SANS GIAC, Security +, CEH, CISSP
If you are interested in applying for the position please reply to this advert with your most recent CV or for more information please contact David Kelly from Experis Ireland.