Deskside Engineer - Cork City
Requirements for the role:
- 2 years + experience in Desktop and Desk-side / IT Help-desk Support role
- Previous experience Supporting Microsoft based Key Users products (Windows, Office, SharePoint etc.)Diploma/Degree in Computer Systems
- Previous experience working with ticketing system, network, hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of Information Systems & Microsoft products
- Good working knowledge of database systems & networks
- Ability to convey technical information in a non-technical manner to end users.
- Previous experience in direct and remotely supporting Key Users technical queries
- Experience with patching laptops, laptops imaging , troubleshooting
Provides technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Responds to customer questions regarding operation and malfunctions. Advises customers on preventative maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction May be mobile or based on site at a customer building or campus. Works with little supervision and has limited specialisation or ability to work on a wider range of systems.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team on a broad range of products or systems with limited supervision. Carries out first level diagnosis, resolves problems on a small set of products, with limited support to meet the Service Level agreement. Rebuilds operating system from instructions to meet the Service Level Agreement.
- Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within Service Level Agreements, proposing improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems.
- Team Working. Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as a helpful member of the team.
- Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and workforce solutions. We operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals across the IT every day.