IT Application Administrator
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and workforce solutions. We operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals across the IT every day.
We are currently looking for experienced Applications Administrator with 3- 5 years of experience in systems administration and application administration to join our manufacturing client's IT team based in Blanchardstown, Co.Dublin. It is a permanent role, fully working on-site.
* 3-5 years experience in IT System Administration
* Good working knowledge of standard computer operating systems, i.e. Microsoft, Unix.
* Understanding of database objects, tables, views, keys, indexes, stored procedures.
* Understanding of software design methodologies.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and networks.
* Knowledge of SAP and IDOC processing.
* Good logical, analytical & mathematical skills.
* Third level qualification in Technology/Computer Science/Electronics.
Desirable but not a must
* Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
* Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
Key Responsibilities and End Results
* Maintain & support existing business system applications: bespoke and off the shelf.
* Generation and maintenance of reports.
* IT focal point for applications and bespoke systems.
* Provide leadership in IT projects for both Customers and Vendors.
* Examine, interpret and modify SQL queries and stored procedures.
* Develop & execute test plans.
* Work closely with DBA and BA team to develop and deploy Custom reports.
* Write functional specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements, and testing.
* Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
* Implement Change Management best practices related to applications and services.
* Handle all incidents and requests related to Application, database issues.
* Interact with functional resource to understand &/or clarify requirements.
* Develop process and procedures, develop documentation related to local application support.
* Work with senior programmers to prepare technical specifications for more complex projects.
* Provide technical assistance and support to operations and business unit staff.
* Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
* Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems.
* Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
* Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
* Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are "best in field".