Customs Team leaer
Are you looking to take the next step in your customs career? My client is one of the largest logistics providers in World. They are looking to take on a team leader for there new team of 8 customs agents.
You will have end to end knowledge of the customs process, managed a team previously and have leadership skills. The role revolves around being in there office in North Dublin when restrictions are lifted but will start remotely.
- Be the in-house expert on all customs-related matters
- Ensure all goods moving are customs cleared in a timely fashion. Customs clearance will be both to/ from Great Britain and other third countries
- Co-ordinate with trailer planning colleagues to confirm which consignments are in order to ship and to optimise how loading should take place
- Control Common Transit consignments, both national and international
- Management of all paperwork required to allow the company to operate on behalf of customers (including Direct Representation and permission to use deferment facilities).
- Liaise with customs authorities, both in regard to clearance queries and subsequent audit
- Management and maintenance of company AEO accreditation
- Develop the customs function as a profit centre
- Responsible for the control and update of all changes to the customs code
- In depth knowledge of customs clearance requirements and procedures
- Excellent understanding of supply chains and of the freight forwarding arena
- Minimum of 3 years previous senior management experience in a similar or complementary role
- Motivated results driven self-starter
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Exceptional attention to detail, awareness of deadlines and time management
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team