About the Role:
You will work on the client support portal team. All web applications are currently deployed on Azure systems and we utilise Docker and Kubernetes to manage the site. You will work with an established team and are expected to produce high quality code and documentation. You also will be a primary communication channel for the team with business side people in Dublin and Internationally.
- Develop and maintain unit testable code in several web applications.
- Write software that is secure and understand what tools to use to do so.
- Produce quality documentation when needed for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Attend team meetings and participate in the discussions.
- Perform code reviews, resolve security and performance defects as well as ensure product quality.
- Stay current with web application standards and all tools used in a standard web application development environment.
- Contribute to the needs of the team, be it designing new modules, fixing the build, debugging a problem, or researching a new feature.
- Be a point of contact to resolve discrepancies in requirements with local business people in Dublin.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of making the right decisions.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of design patterns.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of RDBMS.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of design patterns.
- Maintains and enhances existing code with a focus on implementation.
- Understand the full SDLC.
- Excellent Java skills including the understanding of new Java features.
- Java IDE and debugging tools and using common Java libraries like Spring
- Azure or AWS experience, Kubernetes and Docker experience, Jenkins or another CI framework.
- Code review tools
- Familiar with static code analysis tools and their output
- Jira and Confluence or similar collaboration tools