Medical Device Field Service Engineer
My client provides specialist services for healthcare, third level educational institutes, medical and scientific sectors.
They now have a great new role for a Medical Device Field Service Engineer to join their team. This is a newly created position within the team due to ever increasing business demands.
The Field Service Engineers' team commission, service, repair, maintain and support a wide range of medical, laboratory and scientific equipment situated in hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical and scientific research environments.
Salary: They are offering a very competitive basic salary plus bonus, allowances, company vehicle, laptop and phone, pension.
Role: Filed Service Engineer (Medical Device) , full time, permanent position.
Location: Candidate can be based anywhere in Ireland as this role will require travel all over Ireland. There will also be regular training in Dublin and also manufacturing training in Europe and the USA, especially within the first 1 -2 years of starting in this position.
- Provide technical support, repair, installation and commissioning of leading brands of high-end medical and scientific equipment.
- Identify, analyse, and repair product failures, order replacement parts as required.
- Perform routine maintenance, repair and calibration on equipment as per manufacturers guidelines.
- Have very good technical and diagnostic skills, fault-finding and problem-solving skills.
- Calibrate instruments or test equipment according to set schedules.
- Follow equipment maintenance schedules, documentation and reporting.
- Attend regular scheduled training, both manufacturer and inhouse training, and implement all manufacturer's guidelines regarding the maintenance, repair and commissioning of medical equipment.
- Accurately maintain and update all necessary documentation / records and provide daily updates, and procedure manuals such as IQ, OQ and PQ documentation.
- Support internal teams and clients with technical expertise and product knowledge.
(This role might suit an experienced medical device technician who is looking to start a career as a Field Service Engineer.)
- 2 years plus experience in a similar role and ideally have a relevant electronic or instrumentation degree, National Certificates, employer training, manufacturers training.
- Have good overall knowledge and experience in trouble shooting, servicing and maintaining laboratory scientific equipment.
- Have experience working with and developing good relationships with clients within hospitals, laboratories and other scientific sectors, such as clinical engineers, medical staff and managers.
- Have good experience in document preparation and issuing certificates.
- Have experience with complex instrumentation.
- Have a very good understanding and experience in working with and adhering to ISO standards.
- Have very good interpersonal and communications skills. Be able to relate to and communicate well with our clients while on site, managers and colleagues.
- Have experience working well in a team environment.
- Must have a full, clean, driving licence.
- Position is subject to a full background check and Garda vetting.
If you are interested in this Field Service Engineer's (Medical Device) position please contact me directly at ManpowerGroup Ireland for more information and for a confidential call: 01 645 5222, Mobile: 087 621 4254 (Outside normal business hours). firstname.lastname@example.org
Field service engineer, field service technician, field service equipment repair, field Service electronic technician, medical engineer, field service medical device, instrumentation engineering, electronic engineering, instrument technician, medical engineering, biomedical engineer, biomedical engineering, biomedical, clinical engineer, medical technician, electronic instrument technician, biomedical technician, mechatronics, mechatronic engineer, environmental monitory equipment, process monitory equipment, MedTech, electronic instrument repair, medical device calibration, medical equipment calibration, clinical engineer, BME, medical technology, scientific equipment, scientific products, scientific service, medical device, life sciences, pharma, pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceuticals, bio-pharma, biotech, biotechnology.