2 days left
JOB TITLE: Editor (Contractor)JOB TYPE: Contractor (up to December 2021)
DEPARTMENT/SECTION: Round Hall Editorial
REPORTING TO: Editorial Commentary Lead (Ireland)
LOCATION: Dublin, IrelandMAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On a daily basis source and supply new materials through regular monitoring of current awareness services. Assist with the draft and uploading of abstracts of key legal developments to the Irish Current Awareness Content Centre (CAwCC). Accountable for the commissioning, timely delivery and editing of the Round Hall portfolio of legal information products in subscription, print and online, as may be allocated for legislation, commentary book, legal journal/periodical, and case reports.Build and maintain high quality relationships with authors, to include commissioning new authors, customers and freelancers so as to ensure that both their needs and the continued engagement with publishing strategy and future developments of the company are met.Assist the Editorial Commentary Lead (Ireland) in using the appropriate reference materials, in conjunction with external authors as necessary, to ensure that content across all platforms is up-to-date and accurate.
- Monitor the development of Irish legislation content and competitor services, ensuring Thomson Reuters Legal UK & Ireland services maintain their pre-eminence in terms of legislation updating, quality and speed. Regularly review, refine and improve legislation processes. Ensure that customer queries, and those from across the business, are dealt with in a timely and thorough manner.
- Achieve the required standards of quality, project and time management, and cost.
- Quality: Always maintain good standards in mark up and corrections for both own and freelanced work. Check legislation consolidations, including correctness of changes to the full text and corresponding amendment history notes. Undertake thorough content checks of Westlaw Ireland online products.
- Time: To maintain accurate, upto-date and accessible records of current workload and progress against schedules for all allocated titles. To send high quality source data for conversion and to maintain the production schedule as agreed for all products. To provide the earliest possible warning of schedule slippage to the Editorial Commentary Lead (Ireland) and to work with freelancers, authors, Technology Support and Production to recover lost time and prevent further slippage as far as possible.
- Cost: To understand and achieve budgeted controllable cost variances, particularly on looseleaf and periodical titles. To deal proactively with potential cost variances caused outside the Editorial Department.
- Production: responsibility for management of typesetters and typesetting on allocated titles, e.g. legal journals.To have a full understanding of legal and technical editing procedures and proficient in the use of computer software (including XML and Adobe Indesign) required in-house for the publication of titles and to maintain their ongoing publication.To maintain editorial files and records, and assist, where appropriate, in administering author and contributor fees, presentation copies, etcTo take an active role in team and/or departmental projects as appropriate
- Degree or commensurate experience with - Essential
- Legal or publishing qualification - Desirable
- Time management-prioritising tasks to achieve deadlines
Apply for Legal Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly