IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
Hosted by Manpower
ManpowerGroup Ireland have an exciting new opportunity with our client SAP! This is a 12-month contract role, shifts available are Tuesday to Saturday, or Sunday to Thursday.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Innovative Business Solutions Engineering team enhances cloud-based products by designing and developing additional functionality on request. We work with a wide range of SAP cloud-based solutions, including SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Business byDesign, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Commerce Cloud, SuccessFactors and mobile solutions. Our integration experts take care of all types of system integrations, Cloud to On Premise or Cloud to Cloud independent whether it is a 3rd Party or SAP system. Additionally, we provide an expert support service to enable partners to deliver high quality products to their customers.
The 1st level support engineer will act primarily as first point of contact for our customers and their custom applications projects and products. Support is done via telephone, email and support tickets via our Support Portal, so superior written and verbal communication is essential. Support includes system monitoring and troubleshooting for a wide range of applications, working with other SAP teams to ensure world-class service.
In addition, the position requires to also act as support for management on a variety of projects, including reporting, training, mentoring, and coaching. This role is expected to be self-motivated, proactive and demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and innovation.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Cloud Operations and Support:
* Monitor Support Queues and resolve known errors by means of SAP Notes, Knowledge Base Articles, survival guides, solved customer incidents, documentation, WIKI or verifying customized entries or hardware parameters
* Monitor different systems to follow up availability and message exchange accuracy
* Obtain detailed and accurate information relating to how reproduce the issue, open questions and business impact utilizing effective questioning/troubleshooting techniques
* Forward incidents to next level if incident cannot get solved
* Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through individual case work
* Display superior customer service when providing inbound and outbound (phone, email, incident) application/functional support and resolution to customers (external and internal)
* Escalate on time and good quality - keep incidents aged days to a minimum and following up with other team members the status of open incidents
* KPI adherence
* Participate in weekend support activities
* Involvement in incident reduction tasks like creation of Knowledge Base Articles, wiki update and notes
* Training, mentoring of new hires and knowledge sharing within the support team and the development team (lessons learned)
* Assist with high-level customer escalations when needed
* Collaborate with teams in different support hubs to deliver 24x7 support across the globe
* Report to support lead status of all current incidents in your responsibility
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or professional experience in the area of technical support.
* Technical inquisitive nature with advanced analytical and diagnostic skills
* Excellent customer focus and communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong team player and comfortable working on own initiative
* Ability to communicate technical ideas, designs, and specifications effectively
* Passionate about learning new concepts and technologies
* Knowledge of web technologies and programming languages beneficial
* Understanding in reading error log files
* Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure, working virtually with internal teams and customers
* Availability to work on weekends and public holidays
WHAT YOU GET FROM US @ ManpowerGroup
Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent staffing. We are proud to have received several global awards and achievements, including being named to Ethisphere's "World's Most Ethical Companies" list for eleven consecutive years - more than any organization in the industry.
We offer our employees a range of great benefits, online training courses, as well as professional advice and support to get you settled into your new role at SAP, with continued support throughout your tenure with us.
If you are interested in working with ManpowerGroup onsite at SAP, please apply!
Apply for IT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly