CX Software Engineer
As part of our Customer Experience (CX) organisation, the CX Community team is responsible for our user forum, and more particularly for building a tight knit community of Dropbox users, bringing more value from the Dropbox product to all our users by fostering meaningful discussions between them, and carry the customers' voice to every stakeholder within the company.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will work closely with our Community Program Managers to deliver high quality improvements to our online community, ensure the platform is up to date and performing to an excellent standard, and manage any ad hoc bugs or outages on the community. Our main targets for the platform for the year is to improve the overall customer experience, navigation and UX/UI; structure our information in a user-friendly way; ensure performance optimization of the platform for SEO purposes; and bring the content discoverability (search, cross-pollination, etc.) on the Community to the next level.
In this role, you will be coached by a senior engineer, but you will be the only person in charge of the development of the Dropbox user forum.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees.
- Using markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly components on the community
- Maintaining and improving website by optimizing components for maximum speed
- Collaborate with community managers, developers and web designers to improve usability
- Design desktop and mobile-based features while ensuring high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Create quality mockups and prototypes, documenting changes and creating guides.
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, with two or more years working on production code
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software Atlassian, Google Analytics, and Content Management Systems (CSM)
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment