Maintenance Planner Specialist
Maintenance Planner Specialist
The role of the Maintenance Planner Specialist is to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, spare parts, materials, and equipment access. The Maintenance Planning Specialist is required to be the subject matter expert for the SAP PM system dedicated to the maintenance department and related activities. This role reports to the Sr Maintenance Manager
- Maximize resources by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation by establishing, maintaining and improving the maintenance planning and scheduling flow and process.
- Prepares job plans for scheduling, detailing parts, materials, special tools, external services and documentation with planned costs. Job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks, taking into account multi-craft alignment.
- Adheres to company's health and safety practices
- Initiates and implements best practices in the facility/ department with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Ensures maintenance personnel update and close each work order when completed
- Prepares reports (weekly PM and corrective execution rate and Inventory), collect and analyse data, and makes recommendations for improving SAP PM maintenance activities (e.g. review non-value added tasks and make recommendations to remove).
- Responsible for initiating the requisitioning process for all MRO (maintenance, repair & operations) materials and oversees spare parts storeroom to establish, maintain, improve, and optimize MRO inventory.
- Maintains a Computerized Maintenance Management System for managing and tracking work orders, (SAP PM) back log, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements and ensures two-way communications regularly by working closely with and establishing rapport with all maintenance personnel, EHS, purchasing operations, engineering, outside contractors, and other members of management to ensure coordination of maintenance and activities whether planned or unplanned
- Collaborates with maintenance manager and maintenance supervision to schedule day-to-day manpower and resources for the most effective production and maintenance outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently
- Upholds safety, health, environmental procedures, communicates directly and supports the H&S
- SAP PM subject matter expert
Must have a minimum of 3 years planning experience
Proficient in Microsoft office package
Health & safety knowledge
Knowledge of maintenance practises
Understanding of machine parts and inventory of same
Attention to detail
Excellent communication skills
SAP PM experience essential
Good organizational skills
Apply for Maintenance Planner Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly