Material Handler I
I am currently looking for a Material Handler to join our team in Dublin 15.
Job Title: Material Handler I
Job Family: General Inventory Control
Location: Dublin, D15
Shift: Fixed Evenings
Reporting to: Inventory Control Supervisor
- Handle and maintain flow of materials and products in manufacturing areas according to established guidelines.
- Actively supporting the Stockroom function in all material related and control tasks.
- Accurately and safely perform warehouse related activities involving the physical movement of material with corresponding system transactions, supporting verifications, and documentation when necessary.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Coordinates the movement of material to the necessary manufacturing areas to support production schedules.
- Physically and systematically executes necessary material movements involving all types of material requiring replenishment to manufacturing areas.
- Executes material movements to all necessary areas outside of the manufacturing process (i.e. shipping, parts prep, office personnel, etc.).
- Utilizes RF scanners when appropriate for performing ERP transactions.
- Operates any material handling equipment as needed.
- Maintains organization of Bin Management and First In First Out maintenance.
- Returns unused materials to stockroom from manufacturing areas using RF.
- Properly disposes scrap components.
- Pulls material for purges from stock as needed.
- Perform Warehouse Cycle-counts where appropriate.
- Verifies necessary material movements and paperwork to ensure correct physical and system movement of material.
- Support coordination of MRB product materials in MRB location.
- Own all material movement to stock including dock to stock, material requisition order (MRO), printed circuit boards (PCB), floor returns, and system transactions done by scanner or computer.
- Issue all material from stock including transfers, kits, manual pulls, highly marketable parts (HMP) and system transactions done by scanner or computer.
- Ensure accuracy by performing all transactions correctly and verifying whenever necessary.
- Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- A "can do" work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
- Leaving certificate or equivalent required.
- Computer literate with good level of excel knowledge.
- Good knowledge of SAP.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A good materials and manufacturing process knowledge.
- Asks thought provoking questions to challenge the status quo and generate creative ideas.
- Offers ideas & new solutions to fill a need or solve a problem.
- Priorities work effectively to ensure critical outcomes are met.
- Balances competing priorities in achieving short-term goals while advancing the long-term strategy.
- Adapts as needs and circumstances change.
- Evaluates and modifies priorities when faced with unexpected delays or changes.
- Creates 'buy in' from individual influencers to gain support to get these things done
- Creates influential connections and navigates politics with finesse to execute business objectives.
- Collaborates Actively builds relationships and networks across levels, functions, divisions, and geography both inside and outside the business.
- Seeks out opportunities to ask for information and inputs before making decisions.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Regulates one's own actions and emotions, even when under pressure.
- Asks for and listens to the ideas and suggestions of others.
- Facilitates discussion to encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to participate openly and equally.
- Asks open ended questions to discover the true point of view of others.
- Acts with integrity.
- Shares feelings and demonstrates values with authenticity.
- Manage information complexity
- Demonstrates the ability to connect the dots and draw conclusions from multiple sources of information.
- Able to distinguish between important, relevant information and information that is unimportant and distracting.
- Makes thoughtful, data-based decisions that take long-term goals into account.
- Demonstrates effective reasoning skills when aligning various types of information.
- Anticipates problems and opportunities even before they present themselves.
- Acts when faced with a problem or need.
- Works to complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates the ability to set the pace in others and drive efficient workflows.
- Quickly assesses new or uncertain situations to navigate efforts towards focused outcomes.
- Brings clarity and direction to ambiguous situations.
- Develops Self & Others Develops Talent.
- Has made personal investment in others' growth and development.
- Provides timely and meaningful feedback.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness
- Actively seeks feedback on his/her performance.
- Demonstrates humility in approach and an eagerness to put team before self.
- Sets challenging developmental goals for him/herself.
- Seeks out resources or learning assets to enhance technical or functional skills.
- Ensures Accountability
- Takes initiative and follows through on commitments.
- Communicates standards and expectations.
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Communicates a vision of the future that motivates and inspires others.
- Help others understand the importance of their work.
- Rebounds quickly from setbacks and disappointments.
- Remains focused and perseveres through resistance, challenges and roadblocks.
- Takes personal responsibility for solving customer problems.
- Anticipates customer requests and advocates for their needs.