I am recruiting for a Master Planner position for one of our top client's, they are a global provider of electronics manufacturing services and solutions.
They employ over 180,000 people, across 100 sites around the world. They have enjoyed continuous, uninterrupted growth, over the last 4 years here in Ireland and are currently expanding their production lines as a result of business demands.
Role: Master Planner, full time, permanent.
Package: They are offering a very competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare, parking. Please contact John Finn in Manpower Group Ireland for full details.
Location: Dublin 15
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 - 4:30
Job Description and overview:
- Manage all planning activities for the dedicated assigned workcell and supports the buyers to coordinate and expediate the flow of materials between departments according to forecast, daily and weekly production schedules.
- Mentor the Production Planners in the Workcell.
- Develops Master Production Schedule (MPS) and load into ERP system, including Purchase Order (PO) coverage and maintain plan in line with budget, operation capacity and planned stock levels.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating the production schedule for the execution of production orders across the site, ensuring customer priorities are optimized.
- Meets daily with the manufacturing team to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary based on production results) optimize run quantities and minimize changeovers to help achieve 100% on time delivery.
- Creation of production schedules with a focus on minimising downtime whilst meeting company and customer target inventory levels.
- Monitor daily production to ensure that it is on schedule with production plans, coordinating any adjustments as necessary.
- Manage material master data integrity in ERP.
- Maintains material control and liability, working closely with purchasing team to ensure required materials are available as required for production schedules.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Initiate, organize and lead process / continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of inventory throughout the site.
- Maintains efficiency of capacity and customer sizing.
- Maintains accurate revenue forecasting.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Manager, Line Leads, Material Handlers and Purchasing to resolve concerns regarding schedules, part shortages, expediates etc.
- Reconciles the MPS to customer PO coverage weekly to ensure that we are not exposed over and above customer PO coverage or other authorized customer demand.
- Ensures the MPS is always 100% accurate and achievable.
- Achieves and maintain 95% MPS goal.
- Analyses material and capacity requirements and communicate constraints to Senior Management based on customer demand.
- Maintains the workcell's capacity planning model; driving resolution on uneven capacity utilization that keeps focused on the customer but efficiently utilizing manufacturing/engineering resources.
- Be familiar with the terms and conditions of the customer contract regarding customer liability of material planning and production scheduling.
- Be the workcell's "SME" on all planning activities by supporting the Production Planners goal of never starting to build product without having a valid PO, adequate material quantities, and accurate BOM and an accurate routing.
- Lead the Workcell on the creation of Bills of Material (BOMs) and routings that allows accurate tracking of WIP assemblies and accurate inventory movement transactions.
- End-of Life (EOL) Build schedule, corrections and resolution of MPS to customer demand, planned tactics on deadlines for assemblies out of the various work areas on the floor, deadline for last shipment, and support plan for potential RMAs.
- Responsible for maintenance & compliance to departmental policies & procedures.
- Manages purge process for internal Workcell purges.
- Primary degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management). May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 5 years plus experience working in manufacturing planning/master planner, forecasting, or related experience in supply chain methodologies.
- Requires an in depth understanding of the fundamentals of planning and inventory control, Lean, Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in ERP navigation and reports ideally with SAP
- IT Skills - Advanced excel skills, MRP/ ERP system experience
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail
- Nice to have - Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Nice to have - Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment
- Nice to have - APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification or willingness to pursue
If you are interested in this Master Planner's position please contact John Finn directly at ManpowerGroup Ireland for more information and a for a confidential call: 01 645 5222, Mobile: 087 621 4254 (Outside normal business hours). email@example.com