Junior Logistics & Customs coordinator
My Client is a close knit Freight Forwarding company.
They are looking for a Junior Logistics Coordinator/Customs agent to join their team. You will report into the Customs Compliance Manager and have to chance to learn all ends of customs and logistics.
Where do they need help?
They are looking for an individual with some background in logistics, freight forwarding or customs to join to the team and learn all areas in a freight forwarding company as they are getting bigger. What you will get in return is an opportunity to learn customs clearance and compliance, freight forwarding and logistics.
- Coordinate in-bound and outbound logistics with suppliers, distributors and freight forwarders.
- Ensure accuracy of all inbound and outbound documentation..
- Negotiate with external partners to achieve best in class service and costs.
- Create transparency by establishing standardised reporting such as customer fill rates and vendor on time delivery while highlighting areas for improvement.
- Manage international trade and custom compliance.
- Recommend and implement a new transportation management system.
- 6 months to a years experience in relevant field.
- customs experience desirable.
- Reporting and Analytical skills in Excel, Tableau or similar.
- Outstanding organisational and coordination abilities.
- Positive attitude and self motivated team player.