As a Participant coordinator you will be responsible for sourcing and scheduling participants for UX studies with one of the worlds leading technology companies. This is a hybrid position which will give you exposure to customer service, project management, logistics and UX research.
You'll be responsible for reserving space for research studies to be carried out, conducting initial screening, co-ordinating logistics and tracking participant attendance all while keeping a clear line of communication open with the UX research team.
You will act as the face of the company and ensure that participants have a great experience.
What you'll need to succeed;
- The ability to adapt and think on your feet - no two studies or research teams will be the same so you'll need to be comfortable thinking on your feet and have exceptional communication skills
- You'll need an aptitude for building relationships, solving problems and navigating ambiguity and understanding cultural nuances
- Degree or background in any of the following; communications, marketing, computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or other field focused on human behaviour
- At least 1 year of participant or candidate screening and recruiting
- Some experience with data collection would be a huge plus
- The ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders