Our client is a global electronic manufacturing solutions provider in Dublin 15. They employ over 180,000 people, across 100 sites around the world. They have enjoyed continuous, uninterrupted growth, over the last 4 years here in Ireland and are currently expanding their team as a result of business demands.
They are looking to recruit a planner to join their Site Planning and Materials department. The role will be responsible for supporting all planning activities for the dedicated assigned Workcell and liaises with the Buyers to coordinate and expediate the flow of materials between departments according to forecast, daily and weekly production schedules.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Master Planner in developing a Master Production Schedule (MPS) to maximise operation capacity and attaining stock levels.
- Continuous review of forecast-ed order demand to determine customer requirements.
- Continuous balancing of materials supply and stock levels to optimise customer service and operational efficiency's.
- Completion of status reports to monitor production progress and ensure customer orders are meeting the targeted completion times, customer demand changes and materials availability.
- Assisting coordination of delivery of materials to meet the production schedule.
- Ensure materials & consumables are ordered for relevant production areas on time, in full and in accordance with the requirements of planned production
- Support new product development introduction, with effective demand and supply planning.
- Coordinates the production work-flow for one or multiple products.
- Supports in determining Manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
- Supports the coordination of the production schedule for the execution of production orders across the site and ensuring customer priorities are optimised.
- Evaluates customer forecast and enter information into ERP system while maintaining data integrity.
- Provides weekly/monthly build plans to operations ensuring customer priorities are optimised.
- Supports and coordinates maintaining a feasible production plan and closely work with Master Planner and operations team to achieve successful execution of the plan.
- Analyses, plan and release production orders to manufacturing while verifying materials and equipment required for production are available
- Schedules, expedite and coordinate the delivery and movement of critical material, including material transfers and material releases
- Primary degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Operations Management). May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in Production Planning.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Comprehensive suite of benefits
- Opportunity for progression in a Global business