PD Project Manager
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Leads or leverages cross functional teams to evaluate, develop and manage projects for new product development and ongoing lifecycle management of products, processes and therapies.
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products and processes.
- Manages contract manufacturer to ensure the project plans and objectives are met.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Gathers requirements, works on requirements planning, requirements elicitation and requirements management to ensure they meet demands of project's key stakeholders.
- Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement to ensure the end products or processes will solve the business problems.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects - from design to implementation - while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education.
Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor.
Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
Strong risk management and change management knowledge and experience is a plus in this role.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties .
Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
Requires advanced knowledge of project management job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
May have practical knowledge of project management. PMP certification desired.
Requires a degree in an engineering or science discipline and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Apply for PD Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly