Inventory Control Supervisor
Our client is a global electronic manufacturing solutions provider in North Dublin. The business itself employs over 180,000 plus people across 100 varying sites around the world. They're now looking for a Customer Services Administrator to join their team due to expansion in the wider business.
The Inventory Control Supervisor will ensure that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible in accordance with the organisations inventory cycle. This role requires a good working knowledge of all processes of Materials and Inventory Control and will work in a leadership role supporting the Site Materials Manager.
- To supervise Inventory Control Group Leaders across morning and evening shifts ensure all site Safety, Security, Quality, Productivity and Waste management objectives, policies and procedures are met.
- Lead and motivate a group to meet the daily operations as defined in the Inventory Control procedures; total team size currently 16 people with Material Handlers reporting directly to IC Group Leaders.
- Participates at daily meetings and ensures detailed communication across shifts, priorities, ongoing issues, and any potential request for support.
- Leads and motivates a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives, defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximise performance of all employees while ensuring cross training and flexibility of staff to support these changes in production priorities especially during peak periods.
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory control employees.
- Assist in drive for shortest processing time possible on all received material and continually improve the processing time performance.
- Assure that all tools, equipment, and visual aids necessary for efficient and accurate completion of pertinent tasks are in proper working order and of the latest revision.
- Provide frequent and accurate feedback to the Materials Manager to assist with problem solving associated with schedules, equipment, documentation.
- Responsible for supporting the Materials Manager in preparation of materials budget and forecast and escalate if targets are above or below budget.
- Lead the twice yearly, Physical Inventories & reconciliation process.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- 5+ years' experience working in Inventory Control / Supply Chain including 2 years in a supervisory / people management role.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies (ERP)
- Previous experience managing inventory in SAP highly advantageous.
- Previous experience in preparing materials budget and forecasting.
- Product and inventory management certification a plus
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
Fore more information on this new role or potential other opportunities, please contact Gary Morrison on 01-6455221 or email@example.com