CVRT Technical Inspector-Limerick,Westmeath,Dublin,Kildare
The AA Ireland now has a vacancy for an HGV Mechanic to train as a CVRT Technical Inspector for AA Ireland. This role is a full time, permanent role.
Location: Opportunities in Limerick, Westmeath, Dublin , Kildare
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8am - 6pm, 5 days pw covering Monday - Saturday. Permanent
Position: Based from your home, company vehicle, with flexible start times if needed.
Salary: The AA offer a very competitive salary plus a pension 5%, 23 days holidays pa, Life Cover, full expenses, laptop, phone and a company vehicle.
CVRT Technical Inspectors role overview:
- To provide supervision services of the NCT and CVRT and other areas as required by the business (Road / Fleet). Full Paid Training is provided to become a certified CVRT Technical Inspector.
- Conduct inspections at National Car Testing Centres to ensure tests are conducted to the highest standards and in line with documented procedures
- Conduct inspections at CVRT Testing Centres to ensure tests are conducted to the highest standards and in line with documented procedures
- Conduct Inspections at CVR Operator premises to ensure that they are operating within legislation.
- Supervise NCT Consistency Checks to ensure they are conducted using correct procedures and produce accurate results
- Conduct CVRT Testing Centre consistency checks to ensure that test equipment produces uniform readings
- Produce reports following inspections
- Provide support to the business in other tasks, projects and areas as they arise.
- Time served Qualified HGV / Agricultural / Heavy Diesel Engine Light/HGV Mechanic/Technician
- IMI and/or IRTE qualified
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with business and public customers essential.
- Motor trade (service advisor, parts sales, or similar) experience a benefit.
- Previous experience in DOE Testing would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative while operating to tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) proficiency required.
- ECDL, advanced Microsoft Office, or similar course a benefit.
- Specific role related training provided