We are looking for a Procurement Officer to buy products that are essential for day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
You will be directly involved in the sourcing and purchasing of electronics components to make a product that a company sells. You will be responsible for sourcing suppliers, contract drafting, negotiation, and managing suppliers through the whole procurement process.
For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you are identifying the most profitable offers.
Ultimately, you will create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure supply is high quality and delivered on time.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery on the system
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g., vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up to date with industry trends
- Proven work experience as a procurement agent
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with ERP system
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration, or relevant field
COVID-19 considerations: Face masks and hand sanitisers are provided within the premises
Monday to Friday
- Purchasing: 1 year (preferred)