Data ScientistVisa - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport)Job OverviewWe are seeking a Data Scientist to join our growing IT Team. This candidate will work in an agile development environment and be part of a team building Data and Analytic solutions for energy balancing and trading markets. The solution will combine data from energy markets and IOT sensors from client install base to deliver smart energy optimisation recommendations as well as energy trading strategies. The solution will work with client industry leading control platform to communicate, monitor and orchestrate the implementation of recommended load profiles.Similar to financial portfolio management the solution will have a dynamic component which will make real time decisions to move energy assets between different market opportunities to maximise financial return.The solution will be developed using Azure's Cloud services and the candidate should have hands on experience of using Azure or other cloud services for developing data analytics solutions. Ideally the candidate would have gone through the whole development life cycle from design to implementation to production on Azure/AWS during his previous projects.Main ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include the following:
- Working with a team of trading analysts, energy specialists and other subject matter experts to deliver energy optimisation and market forecasting solutionsCreate time series forecasting and asset optimisation solutions using techniques from data science and operations researchApply data visualisation tools and implement dashboard solutions that are customer focused and help drive product design decisionsCreation of Visual Performance Dashboard for your area to enable rapid decision making to support stakeholdersFile patent applications, publish, and present at conferences. Collaborate with external research teams to build capabilities and applications to solve emerging challengesExcellent programming skills in Python/R and ability to translate business requirement to Data science driven prototypes and evolve them to production ready solutionsExcellent communication, presentation, and analysis skills.
- A minimum of 5 years' professional experience is required.
- Data Science and Analytics experience includingMachine Learning (Neural Networks, Decision Trees, etc.)Time Series Forecasting applied to market price and device behaviour forecasting problems.Anomaly detection, Time Series classification and segmentation techniquesDeep learning libraries such as Keras, Tensorflow, or PytorchSQL and relational database conceptsOptimisation techniques like Linear and Non-linear programming and Mixed Integer Programming applied to industry problemsDistributed computing platforms such as Spark
- Experience working with Data Warehouse, Data Lake and Cloud AI to deliver a customer facing analytics solutionExperience of working with Big Data stack including real time streaming using Spark/DataBricks or similar technologies will be a plus.Delivering solutions through data analysis and machine learning for price forecasting, asset forecasting and asset optimisation.Use data extraction, data-mining and analysis skills to identify trends/outliersExcellent Python/R programming skills for Data Science, Data Engineering and prototyping.Experience of working with Power BI, Tableau or similar for designing internal and external dashboards and data analyses will be plush.Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into design of data science and machine learning based solutionsStrong scientific and technical acumen, with demonstrated interest and ability to make connections between science/technology and real-world concernsAbility to deal with the ambiguity of early-stage scouting and evaluation of new opportunities and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes availableLeadership qualities such as excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), networking skills, self-motivation, and self-direction.Previous experience working in financial, or trading market will be plus.Previous experience working in energy sector will be a plus.
- Technologies: Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Time Series Forecasting, Linear and Non-Linear programming, Operations Research,Core Programming languages: Python (Pandas, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Plotly etc.), Streamlit/Dash/Flask for prototyping, T-SQL, Power BI
- A minimum of a third level degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related disciplineCommercial experience in designing mission critical data intensive analytics solutions.Experience in handling large and complex datasets using multiple programming languages (T-SQL, Python, R etc.) is essentialExperience analysing multiple business domains and translating them to production ready data/analytics solutionsExperience of using machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Experience working in an energy related industry combined with a passion for energy sustainability and innovationExperience designing a data driven solution for financial or trading industry