Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Line of Business: BT IRELAND
Reports to and their Job Role BT IRELAND TEAM LEADER
Key Purpose of the Role
* To undertake materials handling tasks & assist the Site Team Leader to provide a quality, cost effective service, which meets agreed customer requirements & current legislation.
Key Responsibilities & Job Standards
* Loading & unloading vehicles and / or containers of any sort.
* Moving or placing materials manually or with the use of vehicular or non-vehicular mechanical aids as appropriate.
* Ensuring goods are received, stored, issued & transshipped into & from the site safely & without damage.
* Maintaining the security of all goods contained within the site & assisting the necessary stock checks to comply with audit guidelines.
* Collecting, packing, labelling, receiving, replenishing, sorting returns, collating, issuing & dispatch of materials.
* Checking quantities of goods held, received, moved or dispatched & carrying out necessary corrective & reporting procedures.
* Creating, amending & checking, in accordance with predetermined procedures & authorities, records relating to quantities or locations of stock.
* Carrying out such "housekeeping" duties as may be necessary to maintain a high standard of cleanliness & maximum operating efficiency.
* Responding to out of hour's emergency requests on a non-contractual on call payment basis.
Full driving license
Full forklift license counterbalance and reach
Be on call on Rota bases