Sr Cloud Engineer Azure
Sr Cloud Engineer Azure
Visa - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport)
We are seeking an Azure and On-premises Infrastructure engineer to join our IT Team. This candidate will work in a team environment on a major transformation and cloud migration project and provide expertise in the areas of on premise and cloud-based networking and infrastructure, cybersecurity, and access management.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and must be a good communicator. The candidate will take a structured approach to project delivery and work to clear timelines with the provision of appropriate levels of documentation. There must be a clear understanding of management of IT risk and single points of failure and design and implementation must achieve the required standards without loss of service during the transition.
Ideally the candidate would have gone through major transformation and cloud migration in an Azure and Microsoft environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Setup Active Directory, Group policy and integration with Azure using AD Connect.
- Implement single sign on Identity and access management solution with MFA for employees, partners and customers.
- Design and implementation of cloud based WAN with high performance fault tolerant linkages to on premise systems and customer sites.
- Design and implementation of Azure cloud environment for development and production systems including VNET setup, VPN connectivity, Azure backup and site-recovery.
- Design and upgrade of infrastructure components to remediate risks, single points of failure migration to the cloud and achievement of IS027001 standard.
- Implementation and management of cloud based services such as event hubs, notification systems, alarm systems etc.
- Implementation of cybersecurity tools, processes and metrics to protect networks, clients, servers and data on prem and in the cloud.
- Systems administration, maintenance, and management of on prem company networks and infrastructure
- Responsible for management of IT monitoring systems and identify the appropriate resolution in the event of an incident
- Investigation and Diagnosis - establish failing component, confirm impact, identify any events that may have been a contributing factor
- Working with external stakeholders and outsource service providers on the delivery of infrastructure services and solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, i.e. coaching in the delivery of projects, tasks and/or troubleshooting exercises
- Produce high-quality documentation to support workarounds and/or resolutions to assist in knowledge transfer and efficiencies
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years' professional experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver fault tolerant, scalable, cloud based infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Unix, Linux, Office 365, and large scale Windows environments
- Web Server and SQL administration experience (IIS preferred).
- Certifications as well as 3+ years hands on experience in Microsoft Azure cloud services design, migration, deployment, management, security and audit as well
- Maintaining applications running in on premise data centers and cloud environments
- Strong scripting experience (preferably Powershell, but other scripting languages also considered).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, routing, load-balancing, SMTP, VPN, Firewalls, IPS devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing Identity and access management systems, in particular Active Directory, group policies, single sign on and multifactor authentication.
- Proven track record and qualifications in the implementation of IT standards preferably ITIL or ISO27001.
- Technologies: Azure IaaS and PaaS services, Azure monitoring, Active Directory, IT Security setup, OWASP and penetration testing, On-premise and cloud networking, VPN setup, SQL Server including backups and replication, Office 365,
- Core Programming languages: Power Shell, Azure API, Python, T-SQL
The Candidate must have a valid visa to work in Ireland.
Apply for Sr Cloud Engineer Azure
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly