Key Role Tasks and Activities:
- IT Technicians will assist in remote advanced service and repair activities by serving as an interface with off-Site technicians and remote diagnostic systems
- The IT Technician is available on call to provide Services to client during Normal Working Hours, for one shift.
- IT Technicians will perform the following Services, including, but not limited to:
- Preventive Maintenance and Device Service
- Understand common Device fault codes and how to correct them.
- Diagnose and correct copy and print quality problems.
- Provide all levels of administrative support to client as it relates to the management of its Devices.
- Place service calls on Devices, when required. Track progress of service response and communicate resolution status to the End-User.
- Clean Devices.
- Distribute client inventoried supply items to Device locations supported under this SOW.
- Serve as the interface to off-Site technicians and remote diagnostics.
- Minimize Service calls by using web-based tools, Xerox Tools, troubleshooting guidelines and other resources available to resolve problems locally.
- Maintain contracted Uptime.
- Provide updates to Xerox Help Desk for all applicable Devices covered by this SOW when possible.
- Initiate any appropriate calls to the client Help Desk.
- The IT Technician wilt coordinate Device relocations at the Site. The client will be responsible for any applicable moving costs incurred by the Device moves.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Act as points-of-contact for the local client relationship
- Provide End User training and instructions when necessary, or upon client request.
- Collect used toner cartridges from Sites.
- Act as a resource for analyst support issues identified and will escalate to second level support via Xerox Help Desk process.
- Managing the service now calls in regard to reimaging for leavers and replacement laptops
- Ownership of calls assigned in ServiceNow to completion, closing tasks on a daily basis to coincide with the numbers completed each day
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of printing technology and supporting printer and multifunction device setup/installation/troubleshooting
- A successful proven track record gained within a reprographics / service environment
- Experience of Xerox and other compatible reprographic equipment with basic technical or electrical knowledge.
- Recent Customer Relationship development experience
- PC skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Applications (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Strong Customer Centric focus with proven experience in dealing with customers at all levels within different sectors
- A basic understanding of digital technology and an ability to differentiate between software and hardware problems.
- Problem solving / Process improvement skills
- Capable of working under pressure, multi-tasking and correct prioritisation working proactively to customer deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to report progress in an effective and timely manner.
- Proven track record in Customer Services environment with strong customer centric focus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers alike
- Strong team player
- Effective at implementing new processes in an efficient way.
- Motivated and self-driven to expand technical knowledge and skills set