Social Media moderator / specialist
Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there's a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
With a user base of over 500 million, the Customer Experience (CX) team simplifies how our customers interact with Dropbox, creating experiences that both delight our customers and inspire their trust. We focus on understanding the customer journey, and on where we can simplify interactions and improve the Customer Experience within that journey.
The global CX Customer Education team is responsible for delivering a world-class customer learning experience across our fast-growing customer base. The CX Social Media & Community team will meet the needs of customers through efficient, delightful, and scaleable solutions that help our users discover, learn, and ultimately maximize the value of Dropbox in their own enlightened way of working.
As a Community Specialist/Moderator, your role will be to help our vibrant community on our social media channels. As our first in-house Social Media Specialist/Moderator, you will participate to some of the operational tasks owned by the team: compliance to processes related to moderation and day to day operations, monitoring of customer support delivery on the platform, participation to the ambassador program, managing escalations from other community moderators & vendors, analytics & reporting, as well as general presence on the community to convey the overall sentiment of our users to the rest of the team, and to engage users and create a sense of community between them.
As your main role, you will be in charge of supporting large product launches on Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Messenger), by answering our users' questions related to these product changes. You will work in collaboration with our Communications team, our senior community program managers and the wider customer experience team, who will provide the structure and official wording to manage these launches, but you will be in charge of using your best judgement to serve our customers and defuse potential frictions on Social Media.
The right candidate will be passionate about helping others, structured in their work and autonomous enough to be the voice of the company during product launches on the Community - but also opinionated and enthusiastic about turning our user forum into a vibrant community of Dropbox ambassadors, have an appetite for "translating" technical concepts into simple, easy-to-follow content, and would love to collaborate with the rest of the team.
- Support large product launches on Social Media
- answer to users following voice & tone guidelines, as well as communications messaging
- raise any friction or customer pain point happening on the community related to the product launch
- communicate clearly and explain changes to customers
- manage threads for bug fixes / new features / large product launches
- Ensure moderation for the most critical requests on our social media channels
- manage escalations from tier 1 moderators
- suggest conversation starters
- reply to users in an engaging and informative way
- Understand and convey internally the sentiment of our users on social media, and identify issues that require the teams' attention (identifying process gaps, bugs, urgent requests, etc)
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on ad hoc projects, programs or experiments
- 1 year experience in Social Media management, Customer Experience or Operations, or passion for social media, technology or customer support
- Strong emotional intelligence to manage external communications and company messaging in a public facing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Deeply passionate about customer experience and making life simpler with technology
- Customer-focused and collaborative
- Creative, proactive and able to think out of the box to develop new ideas and new concepts on our social media channels
- You show a real passion for and love the Dropbox software
- You are degree qualified in a business or technical discipline
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).