Infrastructure Support Specialist II
- Part of a best-in-class datacentre support team, responsible for the deployment, Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware in and out of data centre facilities
- The technician will install, move, and decommission hardware, including cabinets, shelves, power strips, rails, fibre/copper/other cables and cable management, servers, storage, switches, and other devices in the Data Centre.
- The technician will confirm and label devices, racks and cables.
- The technician will be familiar with working in a standard ticketing system, providing clear, timely, and appropriate customer communications.
- They will perform these activities under the direction of Standard Datacentre Processes and Procedures, Program Policies, Safety Policies, and Security Policies, meeting requirements for quality and quantity of work.
- The technician responds to trouble situations within the Data Centre and will work with remote local site technicians on similar work described above.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Previous experience of working in a large datacentre environment
- Previous experience migrating and decommissioning data centre assets
- Previous experience racking & stacking IT gear, cable management
- Ability to perform duties constantly and without deviations unless otherwise instructed
- Moving/lifting servers & IT equipment
- Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Removing HDD/SSD/Flash/ from servers for destruction
- Basic Networking removal
- Updating progress to supervisors
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
- Based on customer site Mon - Fri 08:00 - 16:30, Flexible with OT Evenings and weekends depending on projects