Accounting Technician Apprenticeship
The Accounting Technician Apprenticeship is a pathway to a career in business, accountancy and finance, where apprentices are mentored through a two-year, work-based learning programme. Accounting Technician Apprentices work four days a week and study one day a week with a local college.
The programme leads to a Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate in Accounting. The duration of this programme is two years from programme commencement date.
Comprehensive on-site training will be provided to fulfil job responsibilities.
The ideal candidate for this position has high level of attention to detail, comfortable with financial numbers, demonstrates drive, and works well both as a team member and independently. We are looking for someone has strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fixed Asset point of contact for all capital related queries
- Prepare fixed asset account reconciliations
- Review depreciation calculation from SAP
- Timely activation of capital projects to the fixed asset register
- Review all capitalisation forms received to ensure they are in line with company policies & classified appropriately in SAP
- Support to Project Managers & internal business partners (Engineering) in relation to capital queries
- Follow up and monitoring the timely closure of capital projects
- Coordinate physical inventory counts with the internal business partners
- Presentation and review of data using charts, graphs and other tools
- Timely delivery of reports including the collection, preparation and maintenance and dissemination of all data
- Actively support Continuous Improvement initiatives within Finance
- Work with business partners to understand their data requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and provide solutions
- Work in a team-based environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Interested Leaving Cert students, school leavers, graduates and existing employees looking to start a career in accounting
- Minimum academic requirements and other applicable entry criteria as outlined by Accounting Technicians Ireland at www.accountingtechniciansireland.ie
- Able to commit to completing the programme syllabus while working in full-time employment over the two years.
Skills & Abilities:
- Motivation to learn and achieve
- Dedicated class and work attendance
- Proficient time management
- Reliability when on the job
- Professional etiquette
- Ability to complete month end cycle on a timely basis
- Ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy with numbers
- Effective communication (written & oral)
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Apply for Accounting Technician Apprenticeship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly