Ocean Freight Administrator
Location: Lusk, Salary: 30k
Permanent, full time. Hybrid: after 6 months
Our client is a global freight forwarding company with more than 30 years' experience and a network of world-class partners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the administration function for Sea Freight, within the Ocean operation. Duties will include assisting with the overall Ocean Division's requirements with documentation & paperwork, in an effective and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and execute sea freight support activities such as order processing, order scheduling, timely updating of transactions within the Ocean system.
- Deal with inbound emails, calls & queries liaising with customers and suppliers where necessary.
- Assist with KPI data and reporting updates and responsible for working on Imports & Exports.
- Receive files from the front office, print the documents and verify if received documentation is complete depending on the shipments and client's requirements. Any incomplete documents need to be obtained from customer.
- Add or complete the shipment details on the SF Shipment.
- Upon receipt of the ANF the file is to be registered in both Ace CRM & Stirling as per the registration requirements.
- Request the shipping line charges and send a delivery pre-alert to the transporter. File needs to be sent to the operators and monitored for release.
- Monitor ETAs daily up update shipments where required.
- Imperative that dates are confirmed with Shipping Lines and Co-Loaders. Accuracy of information provided is critical.
- Telephonic updates with customers on document requests for shipment status update.
- Assist with general administration tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience working in a similar role
- Efficient MS Office skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Ambitious, focused, attentive to detail and career driven
- Customer focused and friendly disposition
- Positively inclined towards change and personal development
- Will do attitude
- Ability to work as a part of the team
- Respectful to others
Join us today! For any queries contact Magdalena Hollywood at 0860246376 or [email protected]